Powered by Blogger.

Home

by - April 21, 2018


Here's me secretly wishing that I miss the bus today
It is just not fair
That I always have to go away
While some willingly walk away

I thought it would get easier the next time
Or the time after next
It is now a decade and three more
I guess I will perpetually be homesick

You should see how beautiful my land is
Green hills and white mountains
Terrace farms and cows and only one cafe to be
Everyone knows each other
There is nowhere I would rather be

Winds are cool and rains wash down the gloom
Thunderous clouds darken the mid-days
And I go back to my school days
On the stage, dancing I would be
The happiest I had ever been?

Mom I never wanted to go to that hostel
Dad I wanted to help you like brother
& you little one,
I wish we had spent more time together for you are not 5 anymore
I wish I could come and stay forever
But he waits for me back there
& I am torn between being a daughter and a lover

My throat is choked
While I hide my teary eyes from you
I steal glances at you all
Trying to take a picture that won't erase

I know your heart is sinking too
But you have each other
And here I am on that bus again
The one that always takes me away
& the curse never leaves...

You May Also Like

0 comments

© 2020 GARIMA JAIN ALL RIGHTS RESERVED